3.23.2009

down on the farm...

Though the pictures posted in a totally different way and order than they were uploaded... the excitement can still be understood and hopefully enjoyed. 

Sunday... we went to church. Ate chinese food in Childersburg. Came home and DID NOT NAP! That is a record of some sort. Instead, RD cleaned up around his bull pen. He cut grass and tilled up the pen, while I laid around taking pictures, reading and just enjoying the sunshine. :)

This is RD truckin' along... 

This is Super Dude. He is a sweet boy that you can pet and likes people. I like to think he does at least... 

This is Farmer's Tan. He never stopped staring me. He was really hungry and wanted me to feed him. 
This is Shaq. This guy is OLD and does not really like me that much. He is now officially retired, as of yesterday. No more bucking for him. 
This is Chase at the Farm. We had a small gathering so we threw him a small birthday party. This is when he opened his new iPod Touch. I am jealous! Those things are awesome!
This is June Bug. Her mom died when she was born. She was born in 2003. My Momma brought her home and bottled fed her several times a day. She rode home in the Range Rover she had at that time in the back seat. Now she is the biggest cow at the Farm. She still lets us pet her and comes to you when you call her name. 
We played horse shoes. Me and RD lost. Susan and Creed cheat :)
I drove a tractor... well I pretended. They were determined I would knock the fort over... 
This is the fort they constructed that say. I named it. "Fort Mash" It smells like the set of MASH the tv show. It's old and army like.
This is me and RD watching the building of Fort Mash.
More construction...
Here is the topped of the weeknd...

We had walked down the river a ways so a place named "the beach". It is called this rightly because it looks identical to a beach except a river where the ocean would be. Well I was playing in the sand and walking on the rocks. When RD discovered what we were sure was a skeleton. We knew it was a skeleton, obviously. But were determined it belong to a human. We were going to be famous and they were going to make a Unsolved Crime series about us. We took about 150 photographs of it. Then I persuaded him we needed to pull it out of the water. Our human turned into a deer. Poor guy. But still better than finding a human skeleton... Random but interesting all at the same time...

So that was my weekend that was full of adventure and not a drop of boredom. Yah for sunshine and yah spring! 

Today I am in Tuscaloosa... tomorrow I will come back to Tuscaloosa, but not for classes.. but to buy all my graduation gear! 

Yah for May 9!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I enjoyed reading about your GREAT weekend. The picture of the skelton did look "human" to me. Pretty funny though. You are just the cutest thing....even in your "farm clothes"!

Matt said...

Next time you find potential human remains you need to call Lt. Horatio Cain.