3.25.2010

Exhausted...

This is what I did today...

A few days a week I work for my very talented cousin at her bridal boutique.

My job duties {include but are not limited to} :

  • Cutting out fabric for dresses
  • Taking apart vintage dresses to be re-worked {It's becoming extremely popular to wear your Mother's wedding dress to the rehearsal dinner!}
  • Cutting out more fabric for dresses
  • Emailing people
  • Making sure everything is ready to go and organized for the seamstresses
  • Helping with setting up appointments
  • Sometimes trying on dresses to try new ideas
  • Giving my opinion {Like I could I actually hold it in anyways!?}
  • Helping with appointments
  • Acting silly with her so sweet Intern {Katie Grace}
  • Oh and cutting out fabric
I never knew just how much work goes into one wedding dress! There are layers on top of layers of even more layers... I mean I knew there was a lot involved but wow at the various types and textures that make up a dress! I also never thought that I would actually enjoy cutting out the various pieces of fabic and patterns over and over and over again... But it's very calming... Especially when I pop in my earphones to my iPhone and listen to Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, followed by some T.I. That makes for a great day!

Today Heidi met with brides all today and I cut away in the cutting room... It was fabulous! I did not make it home until about 8:30. Kicker: This morning before I went to work, RD asked me to go pick up an oil filter, oil, hydraulic oil, and hydraulic filter from Talladega International Tractor. Well... I picked it up and drove from there to Birmingham. So then he decided to changed all this oil and stuff tonight... so ole RD had to wait a hot minute, but we just finished up. So all is well in the world.

If you want to learn more about heidielnora, go here to check out the 2010 Collection and more. She is so very talented. Her designs are simply breathtaking and fabulous on top of that! I love working at her bridal boutique and hope to be able to work for her full time oneday!

2 comments:

Sue said...

You will have SO MANY ideas on your perfect wedding dress. I can't wait to see it :)

Ren said...

Hello Codie,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas