7.23.2009

My take on dry cleaning...

I started this post on Thursday and I am finishing it on Friday...

Currently I am sitting in my cubical. I am finished doing what needs to be done. I am repeating to myself to go to the dry cleaners to pick of my sweet RD's clothes. Usually I would not have to remind myself to do this, but this week I am having to use a different cleaners. Taylor's in Childersburg is who we usually use. I don't even have to tell them what to do, they already know. For years I have been doing the same routine. Monday: drop off clothes. Heavy starch. Don't mind the brown stuff. It's only bull poop.


Thursday: pick up clothes. Pay with a check. Cash if they are lucky. And tell them see you Monday. Oh and they ALWAYS ask how he did in the rodeo and if he took me out to dinner.. and if we had Hardee's on the way to the rodeo. They seem interested in our life and always ask details. Sweet people.

This week...


dropped the clothes off in Inverness Dry Cleaners. Rude teenage girl that was mean mugging the entire time I was there. Uhh. She was a witch. They make you pay before hand. So if they don't heavy starch but only medium starch... well you're screwed. You have already paid and there is nothing you can do if they mess it up. So maybe at 5 when I go pick up the clothes they will be heavy starched and perfectly creased. Maybe my cowboy will look as presentable as always...

If it was up to the teenage witch behind the counter, she would burn the clothes and then chase me out with a hanger. Seriously, she is not friendly!

So... I pick them up. It takes 15 minutes to find the clothes... I get them. I go.

I have a fun evening with Susie a sips and strokes...

And get up Friday to go to work.... 

RD gets his clothes and starts to dress for his rodeo... HIS PANTS ARE WET!!! {all 3 pair} They put so much starch that the pants couldn't even absorb it.

Words cannot express my anger. RD was very sweet and calm, the complete opposite of myself :)

Moral of the Story : People should be more like the nice, smiling faces behind the counter at Taylor's Cleaners. A smile. A nice gesture. And standing behind what you stand for. It matters. 

Thanks for listening :)

No comments: