7.05.2009

Sweet angels...

Thursday morning I was receiving text messages from Erin. She was giving me step by step of Melissa's process in the delivery room. Erin was standing in hallway with ear to the door.. I was at work. All the while, wishing I was standing in the hallway with Erin.

At around 10 or so.. this angel was born...

Gracie Lee Phillips
8lb 5oz
20 inches
She is absolutely beautiful! Melissa did well and is doing fine. I held this sweet angel and marveled at the fact that Melissa is now a Mommy. Time flies. I got to the hospital around 4 and left around 6.

After leaving I began my trek down to the beach for the 4th. That's when Erin called me again. She was still at the hospital. Gracie Lee had been transferred into the NICU. Her breathing had been speeding up. It was in need of monitoring. It was then they discovered she had fluid in her lungs. She was placed on anti-biotics and IV's. My heart ached for Melissa and the baby. She was so perfect and then this? 

Crazy. 

In the meantime, around 9 or so...

Amanda {melissa's sister} was in the room next door delivering Brennan via c-section. He was 7lbs even and 21 inches. He was transfered directly to the NICU for heavy breathing and fluid in his lungs. His white blood count was off and he too was placed on anti-biotics. {I don't have a picture of this little guy because he was sent directly to the NICU.}

Both babies are still in the NICU as of today. Gracie Lee is showing great progress and almost has her breathing back to a normal level . I have not gotten any update on Brennan as of now. 

Keep these two babies in your prayers and their mommies!

{Is this not crazy? 2 sisters. 2 babies. Same birthday. Both in NICU.}

Please pray :)

3 comments:

Ashley W said...

I know.. I could not believe it when I heard! My heart aches for them because I know how scary it is to have a baby in NICU. I am glad to hear Gracie is doing fine! Give an update on Brennan when you hear! I hope you had a wonderful 4th!

Sherree said...

Please let them know they are in my prayers. That is the same thing that happened to Rylan so I know exactly how they are feeling.

Katie said...

That little girl looks so much like her mommy and her aunt! So precious....