4.20.2009

Backwards... happy birthday RD, a green thumb & bulls and boots

Sunday:

This sweet boy turned 24. We had an awesome day. We did whatever he wanted. Which included eating Monk's for lunch, going to Tractor Supply, putting up an electric fence by ourselves, laughing at me drive the Crow, watch PBR while taking a cat nap, and coming to my house to eat a birthday dinner while a tornado went directly over our house. Fun times. 

Creed, RD, and Chase actually saw this. They failed to inform me because I was standing beside Susie and did not want to alarm her. I was mad. Anyways...

Happy Birthday RD! Love this child :)

Saturday:

Another day with Susie except we went to 3 different flower / garden center and stocked up on some fun and beautiful flowers! yah for spring! Then we came home and put together arrangements and placed the pots in the perfect spots. *These are all posted backwards. Sorry*

Below is my boot. Love. Look how cool the corkscrew grass is! i love it! it's very willy wonka! and the creeping jenny is just fun as always (the light green in the front...)

p.s. i am slightly in love with flowers and gardening. What i lack in cooking skills i make up for with gardening :)


My boot... i am in love with this thing... my dad does not so much share my love for it since it weighs a slight ton and i made him move it.. twice :)

The 2 pots we put together for the front porch....

The two pots for the pool house  front door....

The truck... loaded down....

The truck loaded down.. again... lots of stuff here... wow...



Then saturday night i was clearly exhausted from working in the yard all day. RD was on his way home from Georgia where he stayed all day Saturday to get on more bulls. So I decided it to be the perfect time to address and put together all of my graduation invitations. I meant to take a picture but forgot until i was mailing them today. oh well....

Friday :

A day with Susie stopping at every cute shop and several antique stores (and a random pawn shop..), all while making our way to Franklin, Georgia to attend a rodeo. Yah for RD! He covered his bull and won 2nd overall for the entire rodeo weekend. Afterwards my Momma shot these shots... sorry they are blurry and dark.. she has that cool touch screen camera... well it is cool to play with but not so much take pictures. Anyways.. she loved the fact that our boots are similar. 
Then here is me and my cowboy...



2 comments:

Ashley W said...

I love the boot also. Heath and I got Tina one for Mother's Day last year and I am sure you can imagine her excitement! Can you not wait till graduation. I feel like such a big girl ;) Love you honey!!!

Sue said...

You did have a busy, WONDERFUL, weekend. I love gardening....my most favorite thing to do this time of year!! The boot is too cute and definitely you. I hope to get some more flowers this weekend. Ryan's cake looked delicious...he is a lucky boy to have YOU(don't worry about the fried okra part)LOL!