11.05.2008

Tea and rotten eggs...

As I wait for my new Adobe Creative Suite 4 to upload on my computer... (my early birthday present... i am so excited words cannot even begin to express my feelings about this!!!) ...I am going to blog....
 
I am not going to go all political on this post. (even though I so could.. I will reframe myself from doing so...) The decision has been made. It's in the good Lord's hands now. May he guide Obama to lead this country into better days without things getting out of control... enough about that.

Anyways... Today in class I learned how to tone images. It was really quite interesting! I had no idea what was going on at first because we all walked into the dark room and for one the lights were on and two... it smelt like rotten eggs. This was because we were about to get a demo on toning. (The rotten egg smell was from the sepia toning chemicals... it smelt horrid.)  Anyways we got a quick and lesson and then we got to play... I am going to post a couple of them on here. They are not very good because I only was able to use images that I already had printed off.... because they forgot to tell us ahead of time that we were going to be able to do this today...  anyways... here they are!

Ok... blogger will not let me type under the images so I am explaining them above them....

The first one is sepia toned. I like this image because it really looks old. (RD would prolly kill me if he knew this was on here... oh well.) The second image was toned using tea. I think this is so cool... it's actually the tea we drink. The next image was first bleached, then toned in blue and was then sealed with copper tone. And the last image was already solarized (which makes it black and sorta glow) and then I toned it in blue.  
 

1 comment:

Ashley W said...

Thats so cool! I want to take a photography class and learn how to do cool stuff like that! You seem to really enjoy it =) Oh.. I am reminding you to call me..