10.17.2008

Hi... :)

Hello everyone! I going to attempt this blogging thing... It seems fun and stress relieving. And unlike facebook and myspace, it's more personal and really shows who you are. Less dramatic too. Anyways enough with that... I need to be asleep right now. I have had midterms all week. I took my last exam this morning at JSCC in Tarrant! It took forever to get there and when I did finally get there, the exam was not what I expected or studied for! I stayed up until 4:00 his morning preparing for it too.


This week has been really stressful. I cannot wait to graduate college. It' starting to become annoying. I had to turn in a portfolio for my photography class on Wednesday. I am going to post some of my favorite shots from this semester. I really enjoy this part of college. Photography is very interesting to me. I guess you could say I have finally found something that does not get old after thirty minutes! I remember taking the first role. I took an entire role of Mattson and Payson. I went to class the next day and developed and printed my first true black and white photograph. After this... I truly fell in love with black and white photography. I mean I have nothing against color.. but black and white is more magically! I enjoy taking pictures of family and friends. I love a good outdoor shot or anything old with rust on it. Ryan gets his picture taken a lot. I am glad he likes having his picture taken because he is having it taken all the time now! :)


I took this shot when he was not paying me any attention. I was trying to get his attention and then I realized what a great shot that was... even if he had no idea what was going on. That ended up being my favorite part about the image. Oh... and the random boot that is in the bottom left corner. I did not even know it was there until after I developed the film! :)


I am currently working on a series of shots of the cotton gin in Vincent. I want to get some shots from the inside... currently they have they place on lock down. Maybe one day I will be able to venture inside.. they should leave the doors unlocked like they used to... :)
stay tuned for more.... :)

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Hi, these pics are great when are you going to do some for me!! Anyway glad you have a blog, I need you to make mine pretty b/c at work it will not let us download the cute backgrounds. Talk to ya later!
Skinny

Ashley W said...

HEY CODIE! I am so glad you have a blog! I think you have found your calling..Your photographs are awesome! You need to come take some for me =) Miss you!

Amy said...

Codie Lee,
I am flippin' in LOVE with the gin shots. I would LOVE to buy some. Let me know. Welcome to blog world...
AGM:)

Cassie Fields said...

Hey girl, these pics are awesome! You do a great job! Welcome to the blog community!